Saturday 1 September 2012

I HAVE TO BE 200% INDIAN WHICH INCLUDES BJP'S HINDUTVA AND IMRAN KHAN'S PAKISTAN

Teeja tera rang tha mein to..what do i feel as an Indian Hindu about my Islamic heritage and identity?Contradictions and Resolutions of the rainbow that is India......


I BELIEVE IN ADVANIS CONCEPT OF HINDUSTANI ISLAM TO SOME EXTENT

I don't have to understand Islam to believe that you must do your duty as a Muslim..and you must protect and preserve all the colours of the rainbows which your sisters in the Hindu community represent,conservative and orthodox as well as liberal and emancipated, you must serve your Hindu sister whether she represents orthodox brahmanical values or Vatsayana and Khajuraho...my heart says i am right and Muhammad is with me...i don't know what  maulvis say...


I know that religiously i may be a semi practicing Hindu and not a practicing Muslim, but culturally i consider myself 33% Muslim(teeja tera rang tha mein to)..and with that identity i consider my foremost duty as a cultural Muslim to preserve and protect every little aspect of my hindu sisters...whether i contradict maulvis teachings or not...i don't care...

To protect every identity of Hindu citizens of India..even if they belong to BJP...even that 25% of BJP voters who are strongly Hindu...to serve those Hindus of Madhya POradesh who believe their duty is to build a Ram Temple in Ayodhya...they may be misguided but it is my duty as a cultural Muslim to protect and preserve my Hindu sisters like Uma Bharati who are trapped in their little boxes of orthodox Hindutva...but otherwise love their Musdlim brothers..

I BELIEVE IN JINNAH'S CONCEPT OF PAKISTAN TO SOME EXTENT

Also as a Hindu, it is my duty to be proud of my heritage whether it is Akbar, Jahangir, Shahjahan or even Aurangzeb to realise that they were products of those times and not judge them with todays values...also keep them in the past and not let todays identity be confused with history.

Before i enter a temple of Krishna...to know that no Muslim in Gujarat or Bombay is being punished because he wants to eat beef...to know that the prejudice of orthodox Hindus does not interfere with the food cycle...this i must do, before i enter a krishna temple...

Likewise to protect those Muslims who follow the Shariat...even if it is against my concept of "Indianness"...also to protect those Muslims who are aggressive defenders of their faith...


I HAVE TO BE 200% INDIAN WHICH INCLUDES BJP'S HINDUTVA AND IMRAN KHAN'S PAKISTAN

No comments:

Post a Comment